Thursday, April 28, 2011

PLN 3

Dear Mr. Fisch I agree with the point you make in the end of your blog “The CSAP is dead, long live the CSAP (err TCAP)” just like the CSAP all these test can’t tell us everything we need to know about a student. CSAPs just tell us what we might know about a particular subject but not if the student is a good learner, or if they are willing to take on a challenging problem. I guess they do show if you are good at problem solving by the math portion because math is a problem solving subject. I think the true program is that it shows no value to a student who may not excel in English, Math, and Science. There many other ways that a student can be successful. I think the problem with that is how you test for that while not bringing down the scores of those that do excel at math and science. I really don’t think that any one particularly test can grade a student on everything.     

No comments:

Post a Comment